Riverhill Coffee Bar

⋆ ⋆ 

The Disappointment of the Century 

(maybe an over exaggeration but still)

I'll be honest with you guys, I don't have a lot of inspiration to write about this place. I wouldn't exactly say I was disappointed, but I was pretty underwhelmed. I actually did some research for this one and found Riverhill Coffee to be no.1 in a list of top 10 best iced coffee in glasgow. So of course expectations were high.

I'll set the scene for you. I hadn't had my usual morning coffee and then proceeded to have a tough shift at work. So was very ready to get some delicious caffeine into my system. My dad and I (hi dad) set of on our expedition to attain this cup of glory and found ourself at Riverhill Coffee.




Riverhill Coffee Bar
Flavour: 2/5
Size: 2/5
Price: 4/5
Place: 3/5

Lets kick things off with the biggest thing I had an issue with. The place that supposedly has the 'best iced coffee' gave me my coffee with the milk curdled. Now, any of you scientists out there will know adding a hot substance to cold milk can result in the milk splitting (see gross image above). However, this is fine to happen to me at home when i'm making my sorry excuse for an iced latte but I expect better from an actual coffee establishment, kind of grossed me out and looking at it made me not really want to drink it, sorry. 

Anyway, the place was very quaint and very small yet authentic feeling. Had few seats placed at a bar going round the walls, but its defiantly more of a takeaway place so was lots of seats available. They also didn't offer syrup which I've found in my previous blog post, unlike before however this time it was missed. The coffee wasn't as smooth and strong so just felt a bit wishy-washy. 




First time I've spoken about food on this blog because I usually don't dabble in the dark temptation that is know as (gasp) baked goods. BUT, this place knows what they are doing placing their alluring and strange-take-on-a-classic-that-you-cant-help-but-order-even-though-you-know-you-should cakes right as you come in so you can avoid them. We decided to split a brioche cinnamon bun which had cream cheese frosting, which yes was as good as it sounds. So, i'll give you some added brownie points there guys.  



Lets be honest i'm not going back, but as noah and the whale always say, LIFE GOES ON.

Later.

Comments

Popular Posts